Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CARNIVAL!



 These days, we are celebrating the “Pomairina Week”. Every year, the people from Pomaire –a town near to my natal city Melipilla- realizes expositions about their crafts, arts and customs. Yesterday, the cultural group “Esteke” made a carnival called “Por la Greda Esteke”. This happened it join to others organizations such as “Subete a las Tablas” –theater festival-, “Pablo De Rokha” –popular library community- and “Acme” –Agrupacion Circense de Melipilla-, among others. I’m an integrant of the last group, since 2011 approximately, the reason for I participated it.

The objective of this carnival was to show the importance of the Greda works. The tradition to work with this resource has decreases in the last time. And the dealers sell products from others cities and countries –like China-. It’s very sad, because the customs have been losing.    

The two next pictures show the event!





I hope that enjoy it, and I invite you to visit POMAIRE!

Pd. I sound like a tour guide!    

1 comment:

  1. It seems so amusing! I don't know anything about it before it, I would like to go next year!
    Really you are in a clown group? I've always wanted to do something like this!!!

    ReplyDelete